Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hibernate

Oops, it's been a week since I last blogged here. To be honest, I haven't been really motivated in terms of my Finnish blog either as of late. I've been in a bit of a hibernation mode, just hanging out at home, watching old episodes of ANTM and of course, the Dog Whisperer. You must be sick of me talking about that show aaaaall the time! It's just such brilliance - and inspiration.

I'm coping better with being alone now though, I don't feel as anxious as I did for the first couple of weeks here. Of course I do miss you and wish you were here, but I'm not feeling like I was not too long ago, practically bouncing off the walls, being miserable.

I'm so glad I got that job! Having a routine for the next 3,5 months is going to be great in the sense that it'll make the time go faster, which means that it won't seem like forever until you come here. I entertain myself with ideas of what we should do and where we should go when you come over. Of course it's going to be tight to begin with, but once you get settled and you're able to get a job and stuff, I think we'll have it good.

The weather here continues to be very fickle. Just today it was sunny when you first looked out of the window and then like 10 minutes later there was a full on snowstorm going on. I have no idea which jacket to take with me tomorrow when I'm going to go see the parents. I'm quite looking forward to going in the sense that I get to hang out with my other favorite male - the pooch. Just having him in the house makes me feel better. He's such a good dog.

I mentioned you about my sleepiness before, but yeah, I don't know if I've entered some kind of a hibernation mode, but especially the days with grey skies and snow, I'm just reaaaally tired all the time. I usually get like 7-8h of sleep in a night, which should be plenty, considering my days are generally not really full of activity right now. But I feel the urge to go nap really early and then I find it hard to just get up and be all perky. I tend to feel sleepy after the nap too, all the way until late into the evening - which is when I perk up and that's why my sleep schedule is all messed up right now. I guess I kinda know now what you've been doing for months; sleeping in short bits, never really getting your batteries full.

I think I'm going to try and go to sleep pretty soon now, as I do actually feel like I COULD sleep. <3

PS. The picture is a fence nearby where I'll be working, just lined up with gloves! I have no idea why, but it sure looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment