Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First rant of the week, since MY week begins on a Monday!

For some reason I didn't write anything on either of my blogs yesterday. I felt really strange all day, couldn't get anything done. I just sat and thought. About everything. At least I managed to make a to do -list:
  • Check bank balance
  • Mail the raffle wins (my Finnblog's raffle that is)
  • Buy food & toilet paper
  • Buy the cosmetics (razor, cleanser & toner, tweezers)
  • Go through the newspapers (I've got a pile sitting in the closet...)
  • Find out what to do with KELA
  • Visit the health center & renew prescriptions
  • Buy more asthma meds with the renewed presciption
  • Charge phone
  • Do something productive! (Like actually write the book...)
  • Figure out how to put stuff on the walls with minimum hassle
Mind you, it'll take them five days to renew my prescription and then I have to go and physically get it back. Well, I guess I'll get a walk. So much for those "Hey, a new thing, you can renew prescriptions at the pharmacy!" -news. The lady at the health center was all like "That must be something from the future!"... Yeah right. Good thing it was already on the news and all as something that has been PASSED. Whatever.

Of course then there was the usual annoyance with KELA as with all things that involve bureaucracy (horrible word, just like the meaning)... But I ranted to you enough already about that over MSN. I've been ranting a lot lately, haven't I? Just like I've been learning new things with my spare time as I've had nothing better to do. I told you some of those yesterday. Like how grown women are far more into dolls and dollhouses than I could've ever imagined! And I thought I would be frowned upon for holding onto a Barbie!

After a weekend of Japan Japan Japan, I was trying to take a break from it yesterday. It was a moderate success. It's all that there is though, in the news. Japan. It is a giant disaster, that's for sure. But I can't help but to think if media is blowing it out of proportion just a little bit as they tend to do to sell more news... I think that some of the Finnish media has been guilty of that. And guilty of printing stuff without quite verifying how things went in the first place. I feel so weird about the Japan-situation anyway... even without the doomsayers.

This morning I entertained myself with some fantasies about spring/summertime dress up:


Funny seeing the shoes as large as the dress...

Well, you know me, of course I'm not going to rush out and buy high heel shoes, no matter what kind of a delicious powdery pink color they come in. I wouldn't be able to walk in them and I'd feel like an amazon. And well, that color would probably blend in with my skin too! But they sure are pretty... in all that simplicity. Speaking of amazons by the way, I think I walked past a strip club for amazons today... Can't be too sure, but it looked ominous with the red and black design - somehow a trademark for strip clubs and sex shops in this city.

That dress I would totally wear though. If I ever had the chance to go to a party...

No comments:

Post a Comment